Skip to main content Skip to home page

At Coliban Water we’re multiplying the number of ways we’re helping customers through our Coliban Assist program. 

With more programs, changes in eligibility, and more options to help you conveniently manage your water bill, you’ll be surprised at the multiple ways you can benefit. 

Best of all, our Coliban Assist program is designed to save you water, time and money.

No matter your circumstances, whether you’re a residential customer, rural or small business, our Customer Care team loves a chat. Please call us during business hours on 1300 363 200, or make a time and we’ll come to you.

If your payment isn’t overdue yet, but you know you’ll need more time to pay, you can request a two-week extension on your payment date. 

Complete the Payment Extension Form or call us on 1300 363 200.

Or maybe a payment plan or bill smoothing could help you manage your budget better. You can arrange to pay bills in smaller amounts – and there are no late fees or interest charges if you keep to the arrangement. 

For more information see our Customer Support Policy.

We’re here to help you work out a payment plan that meets your needs. You can choose to pay your water bill weekly, fortnightly or monthly. 

Or why not ‘smooth’ your payments over the course of the year to remove the highs and lows from your water bill. 

If you just need more time to pay your bill, you can apply for a two-week extension by completing our Payment Extension Form. For slightly longer times, please contact our Customer Support or Customer Care teams on 1300 363 200 during business hours. 

If you’re the primary account holder and have a valid concession or pension issued by a State Government department, including the Department of Health & Human Services, Department of Veterans’ Affairs or Centrelink, you can register for a concession to be applied to your Coliban Water bill. 

Once you have registered your concession details, we will deduct the concession amount from your next bill and until the card is no longer valid.  You can only register a concession against your primary address and your name must be on the bill.

Up to 50% off water use charges (up to an annual maximum)

Your total concession will depend on the number of days in each billing cycle and is capped at $0.97 per day (or $0.48 if you have a single service only). 
Your annual maximum concession amount is $354.10 (or $177.05 if you are billed for a single service).

We can back-date your concession

We can back-date your concession and apply a credit to your account for past bills from the start date on your card (or up to 12 months if your card is older than 12 months).

Eligible concession cards:

  • Centrelink Pension Concession Card
  • Centrelink Health Care Card
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Repatriation Health Cards
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Pension Concession Card

To apply your concession, please call us on 1300 363 200 or submit a Water and Sewerage Concession Form.

Visit the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing Services website for more information on eligible cards.

We are proud to be a Thriving Communities Partnership and One Stop One Story (OSOS) Hub participating partner, connecting our customers with a huge range of services.

Learn more here.

Don’t let leaking pipes or appliances add to your water bill. Our Plumber Assist Program provides essential plumbing repairs in your home for free if you’re experiencing financial difficulty. 

Eligible residential customers and small not-for-profit organisations can receive a free household water audit by a plumber, who will check for leaks. If any leaks are found, the plumber can complete minor repairs up to a capped amount. Repairs include adjusting leaking taps, replacing old shower heads or fixing inefficient toilets.

If you think you may be eligible please contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 363 200 or via email at

Utility Relief Grants

If a low income or financial difficulty means you’re finding it tough to pay your water bill, talk to us. 
Run by the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing, this grant helps people in financial crisis. 
You can apply if you’re at risk of having your water and sewerage service, gas or electricity disconnected.

How much is the Utility Relief Grant?

Each grant is based on how much money you owe when you apply. The maximum amount you could be granted is $650 on each utility account.

Who is eligible?

Eligibility for the grant is based on the criteria set out by the DFFH. Eligible customers include concession card holders and low-income earners. 
To be eligible, you must:

  • Be the account holder named on the Coliban Water account or an authorised party.
  • Apply for assistance for your primary place of residence.
  • Have an amount owing on your account that you are unable to pay.
  • Have experienced a recent decrease in your household income over the past 12 months.
  • Have unexpected expenses for essential items.
  • Have housing costs that are more than 30% of your household income.

You'll also need to confirm that you don't have enough savings to pay the account balance. This information is used by the DFFH to work out if you have the funds to pay for your bills.

You'll also be asked if you have experienced family violence.

If you think you meet the criteria, call our Customer Care Team on 1300 363 200 and we’ll help you with your application. For more information, visit the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing website.

Hardship Grants

If you are experiencing extreme financial difficulties, you may be eligible for direct financial assistance to help reduce overdue payments on your water bills.

Call our Customer Care Team on 1300 363 200 to find out how to access hardship help.

Your water bill should be the last thing on your mind, and our Customer Care team is committed to helping you wherever we can. 

Providing respectful and confidential help for those impacted by family and domestic violence is part of our commitment to our customers. This includes:

  • Keeping your account information and data secure.
  • Supporting you with financial assistance and other community care options.
  • Ensuring you only explain your situation once, without need to provide proof.

Call us on 1300 363 200 to have a safe and respectful conversation with one of our dedicated and trained team members. Read our Family Violence Policy.

If you need support paying your bills, we’re here to help. Call us on 1300 363 200 to discuss your account and the payment support available to you. 

During difficult times, our Customer Care Team can connect you with financial and community services that can deliver information and support. 

Financial counselling

We can provide you with a referral to a free, independent and confidential financial counselling services that can give you advice to help you manage your bills. 

Alternatively, you can contact Anglicare Victoria on 1800 244 323.

Their financial counsellors may be able to help with:

Useful community help and support services:

Safe and Equal 03 8346 5200
Safe Steps (24/7 immediate support) 1800 015 188
1800 Respect (24/7 counselling and support service for intimate partner and family violence) 1800 737 732
MensLine Australia 1300 789 978
WithRespect (LGBTIQ Domestic Violence Information) 1800 LGBTIQ (1800 542 847)
Loddon Campaspe Centre Against Sexual Assault (CASA-CV) 03 5441 0430
Djirra Aboriginal Family Violence Response and Support Service

1800 105 303

03 4435 0500

The Orange Door

57 View Street, Bendigo

486 High Street, Echuca

75 Clarendon Street, Maryborough

1800 512 359

Centre for Non Violence 

96-98 Pall Mall, Bendigo

03 5430 3000

1800 884 292

Our Customer Support Policy describes our commitment to helping customers who are experiencing financial difficulty. 

If you’re an organisation using land for the benefit of our community, you may be eligible for a reduced water bill. 

To be eligible, the property must be mostly used by:

  • A charitable organisation for charitable purposes.
  • A not-for-profit organisation (NFP) providing or promoting outdoor sporting, recreational, cultural or similar activities.
  • War veterans’ organisations.
  • A public statutory body as a public open space or park.

You can find out more from the State Revenue Office Victoria

We understand some small businesses may be financially impacted by coronavirus of other circumstances. If you are having trouble paying your bill, we can offer support and flexibility to suit your situation.

Call us on 1300 363 200 or email to discuss the option that best suits your needs. 

Business Victoria also offers a range of guidance, services, mental health and wellbeing support and skills development, plus grants, support and funding, to help your business. 

Visit the Business Victoria website.

You can view our Customer Support Policy here.

Last updated on 20 Dec 2023
Back to top