Skip to main content Skip to home page

Water orders can be made before and during the rural season, typically from November to May. Rural season starts when we have enough demand to run the channels efficiently.

To order rural water you need a Rural Water Licence.


How to order

Please note that our rural team will be taking a break over the Christmas and New Year period. We ask you to place any rural water orders prior to 12 noon on Thursday 24 December 2020. After the Christmas break, the team will be back on deck from 8am Monday 4 January 2021

To order rural water, call our rural water order line on 1300 761 738 or contact us

You'll need: 

  • your property ID (the first 10 digits of your account number located in the top right hand corner of your bill)
  • the number of days you require
  • start and stop times at least 48 hours in advance

Please note: your Supply by Agreement documents and account details need to be up-to-date.


How it works

We open, measure and close outlets daily. The volume of water we supply is affected by the height of water (head) in the channel. While we use channel stops to adjust the heads, we may slightly over or under supply your order.

Common heads and daily volumes are:

  • 50 mm – 200kl to 250kl per day
  • 80mm – 700kl to 1,000kl per day
  • 150mm – 1,000kl to 1,750kl per day
  • 300mm – 1,000kl to 2,500kl per day

1000 litres = 1 kilolitre (kl)

1000 kl = 1 megalitre (ml)

For pricing, see our fees and charges page.

Last updated on 06 Dec 2020
Back to top