Recycled water is available in some housing developments in Bendigo, including:
- Barlow Hills, Jackass Flat
- Canterbury Estate, Jackass Flat
- Evergreen Waters, Jackass Flat
- Evergreen Links, Jackass Flat
- Rubicon Rise Estate, Jackass Flat
- Peppercorn Estate, White Hills
New properties in these areas need to connect to recycled water.
When connecting a property, plumbers must follow the Conditions of Connection for Dual Pipe Areas within Coliban Water (PDF 103KB).
How to connect
- Lodge application form online
- Once it’s approved, pay the connection fee invoiced by Coliban Water’s approved contractor
- We’ll connect you within 10 business days
- Water access charges commence from the date of connection
- A copy of the land title and proof of ownership
- Building plan, including site plan and floor plan
Water service charges start from when your connection is approved.
Recycled water inspections
Your plumber must contact Coliban Water's approved contractor with at least 48 hours notice to book an inspection at each stage. There are three stages that one of our authorised staff will need to do an inspection on. The first and final stage inspections are mandatory and the plumber must be on site for this.
Stage 1 - Tapping inspection
Coliban Water's approved contractor will do this as part of the tapping and meter installation.
The remainder of inspections can be booked online by clicking Recycled Water Inspection Request and providing at least 48 hours' notice.
Stage 2 - R1 meter to house
The completion of pipework between the water meter and the building, but before back-filling of trenches.
Stage 3 - R2 rough-in
The completion of pipework inside building, but before internal insulation or cladding is installed such as plasterboard.
Stage 4 - R3 final commissioning
All plumbing work is completed, but before the building is occupied and completion certificates have been lodged.
A $275.39 inspection fee applies to residential property owners.Last updated on 18 Jan 2021