Pipe maintenance responsibilities can be complicated - but this guide isn't!
The property owner is responsible for internal plumbing, septic tanks and pipes within the property boundary. If there's a problem, contact your landlord or plumber.
Coliban Water maintains water services to the water meter up to 2 metres inside the property boundary.
We look after sewer mains and house connection branches (HCB) up to 1 metre inside the property boundary.
Buildings on the property boundary
Where a residential or commercial building forms part of the property boundary, we maintain and repair:
- water and sewer pipes up to 1 metre outside the property boundary
- the stop tap if it's within 2 metres of the property boundary
- the water meter.
Coliban Water isn't responsible for separate fire services such as pipe work and valves. We only maintain and repair:
- the water meter
- connection to the fire service
- general services connected to the fire service up to 2 metres inside the property boundary.
This is a general guide only and there are some exceptions. For more information, contact us.
Inducted Plumber and/or Drain Cleaner Register
These plumbers have completed an induction with us. They can identify and clear a sewer blockage in the House Connection Branch (HCB).
You don't have to choose one of these plumbers.
If you do choose a plumber that is not on this list and they find an issue in the HCB, they will need to call us to find out if they can charge us for the work.
|Bendigo||Aqua Flush Drains|
|Bendigo||Bendigo and District Plumbing Services|
|Bendigo||CC Global Plumbing|
|Bendigo||Dunstone Brothers Plumbing and Roofing|
|Bendigo||2D Plumbing and Gas|
|Echuca||LA & JA Hearn Plumbing|
|Echuca||O'Brien Plumbing Echuca Moama|
|Cohuna||M&J McGlone Plumbing|
|Bendigo and Castlemaine||SJ Plumbing Central Victoria|
|Bendigo||United Air and Plumbing|
Information for plumbers and drain cleaners
1. The Inducted Plumber and/or Drain Cleaner Register is provided for drain cleaning services only. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that any and all plumbing works undertaken beyond clearing the HCB are completed by a qualified plumber.
2. All information found in the Inducted Plumber and/or Drain Cleaner Register was believed to be correct at the time of inclusion, and is for informational purposes only.
3. Coliban Water does not endorse the above businesses, or accept legal responsibility arising from or connected to the reliability of services provided by the above businesses.
4. Where Coliban Water refers a customer to the Inducted Plumber and/or Drain Cleaner Register it is not a guarantee that a sewer blockage is in Coliban Water’s asset (HCB).
5. Information is provided on the basis that all persons contacting or engaging a business listed in the Inducted Plumber and/or Drain Cleaner Register do so at their own risk.
6. The inclusion of a business name in the Inducted Plumber and/or Drainer Cleaner Register does not indicate that the business is engaged to do work for Coliban Water.
7. The above businesses do not represent Coliban Water in any capacity.
8. The Inducted Plumber and/or Drain Cleaner Register is subject to change at any time.
9. Coliban Water reserves the right to permit, authorise or reject requests to work in the HCB.