Did you know?
- The average Australian uses 130kg of plastic per year
- Plastic bottles are among the 10 most common rubbish items picked up on Cleanup Australia Day
- Less than 20% of plastic gets recycled, with 80% ending up as landfill or litter
- Over 90% of the cost of a bottle can be traced back to the bottle, lid or label
Choose Tap promotes the benefits of tap water for a healthy lifestyle and as a positive alternative to bottled water. If you would like to learn more, you can visit the Choose Tap website.
Get your organisation on board with our Choose Tap posters, free wee charts or portable water stations at community events.
Smart water stations
We're working with local councils and shires to install smart water stations around our region. The water stations provide a free and healthy alternative to buying bottled water and sugary drinks.
They also track how much water is used and show how many plastic bottles are being saved from landfill.
To see live usage data or to find out more about the benefits of tap water, visit the Meet PAT website.
Our Choose Tap education resources help spread the word about the benefits of tap water.
Use our Check Your Wee to See chart (PDF 931KB) in the bathroom of your school or organisation to make sure you're drinking enough water.
Download your free wee chart for kids or adults by using our online Choose Tap Urine/Wee Chart Order form.
Other Choose Tap resources you can order from us, include:
- Fountains and Drain game with human-size playing pieces
- our mascot, Tap
- sugary drinks posters and interactive display
- education materials for kids such as big books, activity books and the Clap Clap Choose Tap song
Our education officer can run a Choose Tap information session at your organisation.
Last updated on 03 Nov 2021