Be prepared for bushfire season. Make a survival plan, have other sources of water ready and know what to do in an emergency.
Fire bans and ratings
Visit the CFA website for Fire Danger Ratings and Total Fire Ban declarations.
There are 4 fire districts in our region.
Prepare for fire season
Before the fire season starts, understand the risks on your property and be prepared in case of a bushfire. Get a free Fire Ready Kit from the CFA website.
Have another source of water
If a bushfire damages our water infrastructure, your water pressure or water supply may be affected. Make sure you have drinking and another water source in case you get cut off.
Other water sources include:
- swimming pools and dams
- a water tank specifically for fire fighting
- rubbish bins, wheelie bins, bathtubs, laundry troughs and 44 gallon drums full of water.
How to pump water
You'll need a petrol or diesel fire-fighting pump to draw water from an independent water supply such as a dam. Talk to a pump specialist to find out about pump fittings and sizes.
If you're using a hose, make sure it's long enough to reach all areas of your home.
Who to contact in an emergency
Emergency telephone numbers
- Emergency: 000
- VicRoads road closure information: 13 11 70
- Wildlife rescue: 1300 094 535
- State Emergency Service (SES): 13 25 00
Key information services
- VicEmergency is Victoria's primary website for emergency warnings and information about fire and flood.
- Stay up-to-date with emergency news. Download VicEmergency's Fire Ready App for Android or Fire Ready App for Apple.
How we manage bushfire risk
The Bendigo Water Reclamation Plant (BWRP) is in a bushfire risk area. As we own electrical assets here, we have strategies to help mitigate the risk of fires.
- Electric Line Clearance Management Plan (PDF 1.5MB) outlines how we manage vegetation clearance along our electrical assets at the BWRP.
- Bushfire Mitigation Plan - Powerline (PDF 1.2MB) outlines how we manage overhead powerlines and electrical assets at the BWRP.
Last updated on 20 Dec 2023