The long-term protection of one of the region’s most important waterways is at the centre of an innovative 20-year plan bringing together government agencies, councils and local communities.
A Healthy Coliban Catchment focuses on the health of the Coliban River and its tributaries upstream of Malmsbury Reservoir.
For the first time, Coliban Water, the North Central Catchment Management Authority (CMA) and Dja Dja Wurrung Clans Aboriginal Corporation have joined forces to create a plan aimed at protecting water quality, the fauna and flora, and cultural history of the area.
Find out more about A Healthy Coliban Catchment
- Read more in the Healthy Coliban Catchment factsheet
- Go to Youtube to watch a video
- Visit the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning site
- Learn about the damage willows do to our rivers
- Discover the importance of managing grazing on riverside land