Skip to main content Skip to home page

The Coliban Water Rural System supplies raw and recycled water to rural areas via a network of open channels and pipelines.

To take and use water from our channels and pipelines you need a Rural Water Licence.


Use a New Water Licence (PDF 114KB) form to apply.

Use a Renew Existing Water Licence (PDF 287KB) form to apply.

To transfer all or part of your current licence:

To combine 2 current water licences, use an Amalgamating Water Licences (PDF 497KB) form.

To give another person authority to order water on your behalf, use a Third Party Access Authorisation (PDF 40KB) form.

You can surrender part or all of your licence using our Surrender a Water Licence (PDF 74KB) form. Once you have cancelled your licence, it can't be recovered.

Victoria has a tough stance on compliance with penalties for illegal take and use of water. Find out more here.

Last updated on 06 Sep 2023
Back to top